1. Humor helps hold your audience’s attention and keeps them awake!
2. Humor helps your audience relax, too!
3. When an audience laughs together it becomes a unifying force for the team or audience.
4. Different people learn in different ways and adding humor is just one more way to incorporate a new style or approach.
5. Studies also suggest that relevant humor improves the credibility of the presenter.
6. Humor helps build a rapport with the audience.
7. Humor can make complex topics (please see, “macroeconomics”) less intimidating.
8. Humor helps change peoples perspective on a topic.
9. Humor leaves people feeling more positive and upbeat.
10. Humor helps you be humble which is key if you are going to deliver a
great talk and have people buy the 'messenger' so that they buy the message.